- Bonny Swoger at Scientific American discusses information skills we should incorporate into science education.
- Chemjobber notes the attrition rate in PhD programs. The comments below are discouraging, including a comparison of PhD vs MD lifetime earnings.
- Read these comments by scicurious about the relevance of getting a PhD to science writers.
- I found Derek Lowe's commentary on a PLoS One article about human factors in selection of compounds for biological screening interesting.
- On CENtral Science and NorthJersey (source), an account of a 29-year-old chemist poisoning a coworker.
Old links rediscovered:
- Webcomic artist/blogger Drew points out the idiocy of caffeinated soap at The Worst Things for Sale.